Our client was encountering disjointed processes, extended wait times and inconsistent follow-ups costing them more than just money – but customers too. We helped them recruit and attract the right people.
The South American automobile market is growing at a breakneck pace. This client, one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers, was struggling to deliver a great customer experience that could keep up with the regional volume. Disjointed processes, extended wait times for service associates and inconsistent follow-up were costing more than money; the rising number of customer complaints and escalations were signs that long-term loyalty was at risk. Our Care Services team was already running a successful internal helpdesk program for the company; this new challenge expanded our work to include a re-engineering of the entire Customer Care division for this car builder’s Latin American operations.
We immediately began working with the division on its transformation by attracting and recruiting the right people. Our pre-hire candidate identification process found the right talent, with the right technical background and customer focus to improve each interaction. To give these new associates a better way to connect with customers, we consolidated several contact centers into one technologically advanced location. Multiple innovations were included to drive positive outcomes more quickly:
- Our multichannel communication platform supplied associates with an integrated view of each customer’s contact history.
- The upgraded IVR and routing system assessed each customer’s need in order to route requests to the most qualified and available resource.
- A new issue tracking system improved follow-up and resolution by managing open and pending cases from start to finish.
- A suite of reporting tools provided real-time insights into key performance indicators, allowing leadership to more effectively direct training and improvement programs within the center.
- A new scheduling plan utilizing our workforce management best practices ensured service continuity at all times.
Customer experience metrics improved rapidly. The number of abandoned calls dropped, and the volume of calls answered went up by 49 percent. Prior to our solution, only 38 percent of the automaker’s associates were meeting service level standards. Afterwards, 84 percent were hitting their targets — a 46 percent improvement. With our quality assurance tools and standards in place, the automaker achieved ISO 9000 certification — further validation for shareholders that the company’s commitment to excellence will continue to win more long-term customers as the market expands.